Saturday, February 2, 2013

The sun is back!!!


Today was the first day I have seen the sun since the start of December!!!  The official ‘Sun’ day that the sun was supposed to come over the mountains was January 21st..over 1.5 weeks ago..the sky was lighter, but the sun never came up over the mountains here..until now!

..so..since I am hoping to work over the summer in Norway, I’ve been trying to step up my Norwegian language learning.  Some of the Norwegians in our class have been hosting ‘Norwegian café’..where we can only speak in Norwegian.  Next week, I will start teaching an after-school English program for students 9-13 years.  The younger students have only had one year of English classes..but I think this will work to my benefit, as I will have to learn enough Norwegian..it makes teaching easier

Here is the Norwegian word for the day – og siste.  My Bosu aerobics instructor always says it, and it sounds like ‘ohhhh sistah’..and for the longest time I thought it meant great or good job or something like that..and when she says it, it sounds kinda like she’s saying sister..so, I asked my friend during class today what it mean – it means, ‘and the last one’…

Yesterday, I had the biggest smile..my oldest student from when I taught English in Bulgaria is Geno.  Geno is 81 or 82 years.  For Christmas I sent postcards to my Bulgarian friends that I could find addresses for.  I sent one to Geno..and he sent one back.  I’m sure it wasn’t easy for him to write my address in English..but it made it here!  Here is a pic of Geno J



No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to know more, or have a question..send me a message..but remember, if you are not a registered user you also need to include a return e-mail where I can reply to you